This IDL facility provides a means to
read from a FITS file an ascii or binary table extension containing power
spectrum (C(l)) or spherical harmonics (al m) coefficients, and returns
the corresponding power spectrum (
). Reads primary and extension headers if
required. The facility is intended to enable the user to read the
output from the HEALPix facility anafast.
Location in HEALPix directory tree:
FITS2CL, cl_array, fitsfile, [HDR = ,/HELP, /INTERACTIVE, LLFACTOR=, MULTIPOLES=, /RSHOW, /SHOW, /SILENT=, XHDR =]
- real array of Cl coefficients read or computed from the
file. The output dimension depends on the contents of the file.
This has dimension either (lmax+1,6) given in the sequence T E B
TxE TxB ExB or (lmax+1,4) for T E B TxE or (lmax+1) for T
The convention for the power spectrum is that it is not
normalised by the Harrison-Zeldovich (flat) spectrum.
- String containing the name of the FITS file to be read. The
file contains either C(l) power spectra or al m coefficients. In either
cases, C(l) is returned.
- String array containing on output the primary header
read from the FITS file.
- If set, produces an extended help message (using the doc_library
- If set, the plots generated by /SHOW and /RSHOW options are produced using iPlot routine, allowing
for interactive cropping, zooming and annotation of the plots. This
requires IDL 6.4 or newer to work properly.
- vector containing on output the factor which is often
applied to C(l) to flatten it for plotting purposes
- vector containing on output the multipoles
l for which the power spectra are provided. They are either
- read from the file (1st column in the Planck format),
- or generated by the routine (assuming that all
multipoles from 0 to lmax included are provided).
- If set, the raw power spectra C(l) read from the file are plotted
- If set, the rescaled power spectra
- If set, no message is issued during normal execution
- String array containing on output the extension header
read from the FITS file.
fits2cl reads the power spectrum coefficients from a FITS
file containing an ascii table extension. Descriptive headers conforming
to the FITS convention can also be read from the input file.
This section lists the routines related to fits2cl
- version 6.1 or more is necessary to run fits2cl.
- facility to bin a spectrum read
- facility to write a window function into a FITS file.
- provides the complimentary routine to write a
power spectrum to a FITS file.
- routines to read and write alm coefficients
- IDL routine computing C(l) files
that can be read by fits2cl.
- F90 facility computing C(l) files that can be read by fits2cl.
fits2cl reads a power spectrum C(l) from the input FITS file
into the variable pwrsp, with optional headers
passed by the string variables hdr and xhdr. The multipoles l and
factors are read into l and fll respectively.
vs l is then plotted.